February 21, 2019
What information do we collect?
Here we describe what information we collect, what we use it for, which third parties we use to help us and give links to the privacy policies of those third parties for you to read:
- On the DataZ website, we track and store anonymized usage behavior such as which links are clicked on so we can optimize the services we provide to you. We use Google Analytics for this:
- In the PageScore extension, the extension requires authorization if you decide to use the feature to connect to a google sheet.
- We track generic data such as how often certain features are used, how long the extension is used, the number of URLs that are researched, and which URLs are scored. We do not track any personally identifiable information. We use Google Analytics to provide this tracking:
- In the PageScore extension, you can opt-in to sending us anonymized crash reports to help us fix bugs. When a crash occurs, you can optionally send us a message about what happened. If you include your email address, we may contact you for further information about the bug you encountered. We use Sentry for this crash reporting and user feedback mechanism:
- If you sign up to our newsletter by providing your email address, we may contact you about our services. We use MailChimp to store your contact details and to send emails:
- The discussion boxes on our website can be used to leave comments and have discussions with other visitors. We use Disqus to provide this functionality:
- We use the Chrome Web Store and the Google Chrome browser as a platform to deliver the PageScore extension:
We may publicly display aggregated anonymous data to help communicate what we know about how our services are typically used. For example, we may report on which operating systems are most common and how often different features are accessed.
How do you get my consent?
If we ask for your personal information so that we can send you communications in the future, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
Third-party providers will collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. Third-party service providers have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we are required to provide to them. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. Your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which a third party service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links that appear in any of the content we provide to you, those links may direct you to third party sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If we are acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners.
Questions and contact information
If you want more information you should email question at dataz.co